This is the Nuyorican way of grilling pork chops. Grilling season inspires us in the myriad ways of cooking meat. In this one we use the spices traditional to criollo cooking. For the recipe given you can use bone-in pork chops or loin pork chops. Both will work well, but grilling time may vary.
For this recipe I decided to add grilled plum tomatoes. A good addition to to the meat, and all topped with a tasty vinaigrette.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon mustard (pref. Dijon)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
4 pork chops, about 2 1/2 pounds, 1-inch thick
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 plum tomatoes, halved
2 teaspoons olive oil
- Brush grill with vegetable oil. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, mustard, pepper, and oregano. Stir in the capers and mix well.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Grill until just cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, brush plum tomatoes with olive oil. Grill, cut-side down until charred, about 2minutes. Turn and grill 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Serve pork chops with tomatoes and topped with vinaigrette.
Yield: 4 servings.