This is a recipe that will provide a great dinner in minutes. And, if you like salmon, you’ll love this sucker. Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon provides fillets with a flavor all its own. Glossy and sweet-tart, it’s a memorable dish. And if you like it spicy, you can add a teaspoon of chili powder to the honey-lime glaze and still wow your guests and family.
For the salmon, you can use salmon fillets, already cut. Or you can purchase one 2-pound center-cut skin-on salmon, and cut into into four pieces. Either way will render a great meal easy to prepare, and a strong flavorful crust on the salmon that will make it unforgettable.
4 (5-ounce) salmon fillets or 1 (2-pound) center-cut salmon, cut into 4 fillets
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash salmon fillets under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the honey, grated lime zest, lime juice, cornstarch and cayenne pepper. Simmer over medium-high heat until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch and pepper. Rub this mixture evenly over flesh side of salmon fillets.
- Heat oil (until just smoking) over medium-high heat in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet (I prefer cast-iron). Lay fillets flesh side down in skillet and cook until well browned, about 1 minute. Carefully flip salmon and cook on skin side for 1 minute. Remove from heat and spoon honey-lime glaze over fillets. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until center is translucent and tender when checked with a fork or pairing knife, about 7-10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings.